Checking this out

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Checking this out

Post by TheBleachDoctor on Mon May 12, 2014 5:03 pm

Hey. This seems like an interesting forum. Some of the old BF crowd is here... BF is back up, but I'm doubtful about the possibility of their RPG section being revived...

So, hey, I recognize some old faces here. Tsukoyomi?
avatar
TheBleachDoctor

Posts : 16
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking this out

Post by Neo Bahamut on Mon May 12, 2014 5:38 pm

No way, I thought that place was dead & gone forever. Did you all have to re-register?

_________________

"Sephiroth would play Aerith's theme at his funeral, if only to remind us all what a complete bastard he was."
avatar
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis

Posts : 21411
Join date : 2010-11-04
Age : 25
Location : PA, The State of the Cow's Asshole

http://neon.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking this out

Post by TheBleachDoctor on Mon May 12, 2014 8:20 pm

No, it got restored from the backup. A lot of the old members, like Bacon, have been trickling back, testing the waters to see if the forum will really revive or not. We've been having great fun necroing threads from 2011, haha.

Turns out a few months after it went down, the Halcyon Days crowd set themselves up again on another forum using the old backup data. They just got BF running again.
avatar
TheBleachDoctor

Posts : 16
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking this out

Post by Neo Bahamut on Mon May 12, 2014 9:03 pm

Then it's quite possible that I was on the wrong site, as I did not appear in the member list.

That makes sense. Frankly, they were bigger than the rest of the forum combined.

_________________

"Sephiroth would play Aerith's theme at his funeral, if only to remind us all what a complete bastard he was."
avatar
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis

Posts : 21411
Join date : 2010-11-04
Age : 25
Location : PA, The State of the Cow's Asshole

http://neon.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking this out

Post by TheBleachDoctor on Mon May 12, 2014 9:15 pm

Well, you might not have appeared on the member's list because, well, you're still banned.

The user "Neo Bahamut" is still on the ban list.
avatar
TheBleachDoctor

Posts : 16
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking this out

Post by Neo Bahamut on Mon May 12, 2014 9:27 pm

I'd think I would still show up. Also, I couldn't log in, & usually when you're banned, you just log into a screen that tells you that you're banned. ByakuyaMayuri shows up in searches. I don't know how anyone else's names were spelled.

_________________

"Sephiroth would play Aerith's theme at his funeral, if only to remind us all what a complete bastard he was."
avatar
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis

Posts : 21411
Join date : 2010-11-04
Age : 25
Location : PA, The State of the Cow's Asshole

http://neon.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking this out

Post by TheBleachDoctor on Mon May 12, 2014 9:56 pm

Well that's odd. You should be on the member's list, then. Huh.
avatar
TheBleachDoctor

Posts : 16
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking this out

Post by Neo Bahamut on Mon May 12, 2014 10:03 pm

I'm still not even sure if I was on the right website. Not that it matters much, as I don't have a reason to come back until some wiseass tempts fate again.

_________________

"Sephiroth would play Aerith's theme at his funeral, if only to remind us all what a complete bastard he was."
avatar
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis

Posts : 21411
Join date : 2010-11-04
Age : 25
Location : PA, The State of the Cow's Asshole

http://neon.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking this out

Post by Tsukuyomi on Mon May 12, 2014 10:08 pm

TheBleachDoctor wrote:So, hey, I recognize some old faces here. Tsukoyomi?
Hello dude, I never thought I would see you again! How have you been all this time?

TheBleachDoctor wrote:No, it got restored from the backup. A lot of the old members, like Bacon, have been trickling back, testing the waters to see if the forum will really revive or not. We've been having great fun necroing threads from 2011, haha.
Is the Misty Moon Inn there? I need to go through it and get all the posts I made for my character. Got a 46 pages word document containing some of it and would like to complete it.
avatar
Tsukuyomi

Posts : 327
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : The library
Quote : I screwed myself with a screwdriver in the thumb.

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking this out

Post by TheBleachDoctor on Mon May 12, 2014 10:29 pm

Tsukuyomi wrote:
Hello dude, I never thought I would see you again! How have you been all this time?
I've been doing pretty good. I'm in college now, so that's a thing.
Tsukuyomi wrote:
Is the Misty Moon Inn there? I need to go through it and get all the posts I made for my character. Got a 46 pages word document containing some of it and would like to complete it.
It is. All the old threads are there! In fact, I'm waiting to see who returns. We never did get to finish MMI. I know that most people don't care enough anymore to finish it, but we were so close, it seems a shame to leave it like that.
I'm not sure how much of Kari I can dredge up, though. Her character hasn't exactly been very... active for three years.
avatar
TheBleachDoctor

Posts : 16
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking this out

Post by Neo Bahamut on Tue May 13, 2014 12:26 am

Disappointing anticlimaxes never, ever happen in RPs.

_________________

"Sephiroth would play Aerith's theme at his funeral, if only to remind us all what a complete bastard he was."
avatar
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis

Posts : 21411
Join date : 2010-11-04
Age : 25
Location : PA, The State of the Cow's Asshole

http://neon.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking this out

Post by TheBleachDoctor on Tue May 13, 2014 12:34 am

I don't know what that means, but okay.
avatar
TheBleachDoctor

Posts : 16
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking this out

Post by HarleyThomas on Tue May 13, 2014 12:45 am

It means RP's almost never go unfinished.
avatar
HarleyThomas

Posts : 15032
Join date : 2010-11-04
Age : 24
Location : A Place Where the Sun is Silent
Quote : My dreams are higher than the fucking sky!

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking this out

Post by TheBleachDoctor on Tue May 13, 2014 12:53 am

Even if they go dead for over three years?

Edit: I'm getting a 403 error from the site now. Guess their server couldn't handle so many people returning.
avatar
TheBleachDoctor

Posts : 16
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking this out

Post by Tsukuyomi on Tue May 13, 2014 1:14 pm

TheBleachDoctor wrote:Turns out a few months after it went down, the Halcyon Days crowd set themselves up again on another forum using the old backup data. They just got BF running again.
Actually I knew Halycon Days were up again, but lacked the RP section and I'm not really interested in Halycon Days for some reason.

TheBleachDoctor wrote:It is. All the old threads are there! In fact, I'm waiting to see who returns. We never did get to finish MMI. I know that most people don't care enough anymore to finish it, but we were so close, it seems a shame to leave it like that.
I'm not sure how much of Kari I can dredge up, though. Her character hasn't exactly been very... active for three years.
Well, I have planned out the mainframe of Tsukuyomi's story so it would be fun to play it out. It will end with a MEGA POST OF DOOM! But it takes around three arcs to complete, though...

TheBleachDoctor wrote:I'm getting a 403 error from the site now. Guess their server couldn't handle so many people returning.
Is it still bleachforums.com? Because that adress gives me a 403 error as well.
avatar
Tsukuyomi

Posts : 327
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : The library
Quote : I screwed myself with a screwdriver in the thumb.

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking this out

Post by Neo Bahamut on Tue May 13, 2014 2:30 pm

That sounds about par for the course.

Also, "RPs almost never go unfinished" was sarcasm.

_________________

"Sephiroth would play Aerith's theme at his funeral, if only to remind us all what a complete bastard he was."
avatar
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis

Posts : 21411
Join date : 2010-11-04
Age : 25
Location : PA, The State of the Cow's Asshole

http://neon.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking this out

Post by TheBleachDoctor on Tue May 13, 2014 5:34 pm

Tsukuyomi wrote:
Actually I knew Halycon Days were up again, but lacked the RP section and I'm not really interested in Halycon Days for some reason.
Oh, okay. I was unaware of this until... two years later.
Tsukuyomi wrote:
Well, I have planned out the mainframe of Tsukuyomi's story so it would be fun to play it out. It will end with a MEGA POST OF DOOM! But it takes around three arcs to complete, though...
We could reboot MMI. I know I need to ungodmod by characters.
Tsukuyomi wrote:
Is it still bleachforums.com? Because that adress gives me a 403 error as well.
It is. The 403 error occurred sometime yesterday. I'm talking with the admins right now to see what went wrong.
avatar
TheBleachDoctor

Posts : 16
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking this out

Post by Neo Bahamut on Tue May 13, 2014 6:59 pm

I was on the wrong site the entire time.

_________________

"Sephiroth would play Aerith's theme at his funeral, if only to remind us all what a complete bastard he was."
avatar
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis

Posts : 21411
Join date : 2010-11-04
Age : 25
Location : PA, The State of the Cow's Asshole

http://neon.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking this out

Post by TheBleachDoctor on Tue May 13, 2014 9:50 pm

Neo Bahamut wrote:I was on the wrong site the entire time.
Oh, well, do you want me to ask the admins if you can be unbanned?

BTW, the site is back up. They were doing server maintenance.
avatar
TheBleachDoctor

Posts : 16
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking this out

Post by Neo Bahamut on Tue May 13, 2014 10:10 pm

No thanks. If I feel like coming back, I'll find a way to message this Will dude, but I don't feel any urgent need. Also, ByakuyaMayuri might come back, & while it's an improvement that I won't have to act like I like him, the bruises from where I kept slamming my head into my desk have only recently healed.

_________________

"Sephiroth would play Aerith's theme at his funeral, if only to remind us all what a complete bastard he was."
avatar
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis

Posts : 21411
Join date : 2010-11-04
Age : 25
Location : PA, The State of the Cow's Asshole

http://neon.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking this out

Post by TheBleachDoctor on Tue May 13, 2014 10:11 pm

Neo Bahamut wrote:No thanks. If I feel like coming back, I'll find a way to message this Will dude, but I don't feel any urgent need. Also, ByakuyaMayuri might come back, & while it's an improvement that I won't have to act like I like him, the bruises from where I kept slamming my head into my desk have only recently healed.
Ah, yes. I vaguely remember that there was a huge flame war...
avatar
TheBleachDoctor

Posts : 16
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking this out

Post by Neo Bahamut on Tue May 13, 2014 10:23 pm

Personally, I don't think that it's really a "flame war" until at least 2 people just lose control & start hurling insults at each other.

My problem was very simple: The forum prioritized superficial politeness over actually knowing what the fuck you were talking about. This crossed over into the territory of completely unacceptable when that idiot started handing out computer & medical advice. Because telling someone to go off of their meds is A-OK, but Ereshkigal forbid that you start a thread making fun of someone, that shit got ya permabanned.

Incidentally, I did that to demonstrate my other complaint, that the mod team was not equipped to handle trolls.

_________________

"Sephiroth would play Aerith's theme at his funeral, if only to remind us all what a complete bastard he was."
avatar
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis

Posts : 21411
Join date : 2010-11-04
Age : 25
Location : PA, The State of the Cow's Asshole

http://neon.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking this out

Post by TheBleachDoctor on Tue May 13, 2014 11:36 pm

Neo Bahamut wrote:Personally, I don't think that it's really a "flame war" until at least 2 people just lose control & start hurling insults at each other.

My problem was very simple: The forum prioritized superficial politeness over actually knowing what the fuck you were talking about. This crossed over into the territory of completely unacceptable when that idiot started handing out computer & medical advice. Because telling someone to go off of their meds is A-OK, but Ereshkigal forbid that you start a thread making fun of someone, that shit got ya permabanned.

Incidentally, I did that to demonstrate my other complaint, that the mod team was not equipped to handle trolls.

Hm, well, I don't remember it too well, so it really doesn't matter to me anymore. I remember that I was pissed that it happened, but I don't think I had a very good grasp of what was going on.
avatar
TheBleachDoctor

Posts : 16
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking this out

Post by Neo Bahamut on Tue May 13, 2014 11:51 pm

The important thing is that I was clearly wrong about the mod team being unequipped to handle trolling of that magnitude.

_________________

"Sephiroth would play Aerith's theme at his funeral, if only to remind us all what a complete bastard he was."
avatar
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis

Posts : 21411
Join date : 2010-11-04
Age : 25
Location : PA, The State of the Cow's Asshole

http://neon.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking this out

Post by TheBleachDoctor on Wed May 14, 2014 12:18 am

So many people got banned that day...
avatar
TheBleachDoctor

Posts : 16
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking this out

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum